Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day 367 - Ruth's Birtday (Observed)

17 April was Ruth's first birthday (and her great-grandmother's 95th)! It was a Friday, so she celebrated mostly at daycare on the actual day. I wish I'd thought to bring the camera there - I'd brought over cake and ice cream for all the kids, and when we arrived to pick her up she had a huge smile and bounced in her high chair to be picked up - while COVERED in cake and ice cream. Even after a bath, the next day she still smelled like cake. The day care took some photos, and I hope to have scans up soon.

But, the next day was when we really celebrated, since my parents were in town. In the morning, we all went out to Miss Shirley's, up in Roland Park (their chicken and waffles is splendid). Ruth, of course, had some of Grammy's blueberry waffles. And some of Dad's scallion waffles. And monkey bread. And some of Mommy's avocado. And...

From 21st Century Digital Kid

This is a restaurant. I am in a high chair. I know how this works - there will be blueberry pancakes.

From 21st Century Digital Kid

Nom nom nom. You have no idea how much this kid can eat now. M turned around to talk to the table next to us, where a mother had her one month old baby (was Ruth ever that tiny?). I had to resupply and call for backup food at least three times to keep the maw satisified.

From 21st Century Digital Kid

It's chocolate sauce from the monkey bread.

From 21st Century Digital Kid

She likes to drink from a straw now, if we suck up some water (or whatever) in it for her. I think there is a crazy straw in her future.

From 21st Century Digital Kid

Done eating. Walking around with grampy.

No comments: