Sunday, December 21, 2008

Kwanzaa

Day 249 - Kwanzaa drumming circle. There was no way that these were going to come out all that well, what with the motion and the no flash and the fact that my hands were shaking from the DTs. You can check out some video clips below, if you like.

The Baltimore Museum of Art was having a free Kwanzaa celebration day, and we thought Ruth might get a kick out of it, especially the drumming and dancing. She was a bit tired, but seemed to be really fascinated by the drumming circle. The fellow leading it was from Ghana, and could play "Dreidel, Dreidel" on a talking drum, which is pretty darn impressive, as far as I'm concerned. When I finally make it to West Africa (cross your fingers that I work things out soon with my field contacts and the IRB), I'll have to try to get her a drum.
Posted by Picasa


No comments: