Saturday, January 15, 2011

Days 996-998: RUTH AND DAD'S BIG ADVENTURE!!

Last weekend, it was a simpler time.

I'd conceived this great (quote-unquote) idea - I was going to take Ruth on a weekend trip by myself! Melissa wished me good luck and godspeed and settled in with a drink to watch the carnage... but we actually had a ton of fun.

On Friday, we drove up to Philadelphia. It was pretty bad-ass. Ruth and I sang along to They Might be Giants in the car the whole way (I could have lived with listening to some album other than "Here Come the ABCs" by the third time through, but, hey - it's karma for all the times I've made Melissa listen to KMFDM while I was driving), and Ruth plowed through a gigantic bag of pretzels.

We met my friend Rachel and her son Asher (unfortunately, not pictured here - I didn't get any good snaps of them, but I think Rachel got some photos - little help?) at the Please Touch Museum. Ruth, of course, wanted to play in the snow while we were waiting for them to arrive.

From 21st Century Digital Kid


And, by play in the snow, I mean eat the snow. Melissa, this is YOUR daughter. Fortunately, I was able to convince her that only white snow was good to eat. "Not brown snow?" "No." "Not yellow snow?" "No." "Not GREEN snow?" "Definitely not." "Only white snow."

From 21st Century Digital Kid


Of course, there was fun stuff to do inside the museum as well. We were fortunate in that, while Rachel and Asher were a bit delayed by the snow (and had our tickets, from... drum roll... Groupon) the security guard let us in to run around a bit before they got there.

From 21st Century Digital Kid


From 21st Century Digital Kid


That one was a space helmet, from this really cool room where you can build foam spaceships and then launch them using air cannons. I would have stayed there all day, but Ruth wanted to see some other stuff, too.

From 21st Century Digital Kid


Like the carousel.

From 21st Century Digital Kid


TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments: