Saturday, December 25, 2010

Schober-Levine Family Christmas!

Now that we've got Ruth, having the only family tradition being heading to see Trixie Little and Mr. Gorgeous in the Holiday Spectac-u-thon isn't going to cut it.

Of course (day 970), to get her in touch with her roots, we like to go to the Kwanzaa festival at the BMA (though this year the drums were too loud for her):

From 21st Century Digital Kid


Another, started last year with my folks, is to head out to Feezers Organic Tree Farm* to have Ruth pick out a tree.

Day 977 - The Tree Farm

From 21st Century Digital Kid


From 21st Century Digital Kid


Later (same day) we went home and the ever-handy Melissa helped Ruth make (as requested) a wreath/spray for the front door from some of the boughs we found at the tree farm. After an hour of searching various stores, I finally had the good sense to go to my mother's favorite store, Herman's Discount and found ribbon and inexpensive bulb ornaments for it.

From 21st Century Digital Kid


From 21st Century Digital Kid


Then Melissa and Ruth trimmed the tree, including the garland that my Mem gave me, which had been on the tree when I was a kid (I did the lights and placed the tree upright, but there's no photo of me being assaulted by a thousand Norway Spruce needles. I sang this song to comfort myself).

From 21st Century Digital Kid


From 21st Century Digital Kid


From 21st Century Digital Kid


And then, of course, there's Christmas morning (Day 983)! Ruth got a magic dragon wand:

From 21st Century Digital Kid


And she played with her spaceship dollhouse in her much-beloved tutu from Uncle David:

From 21st Century Digital Kid


She also got a moose from Aunt Connie that she looooooooves! But, unfortunately, I took a photo of her hugging it before I realized that last night, while cooking, I'd accidentally smeared duck fat on the lens of my phone's camera. We should all have such problems.

And, of course, she started writing thank you notes:

From 21st Century Digital Kid


* Insufferable liberalism not included with price of tree.

No comments: