Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 731 - Begin Year Three

We had Ruth's 2nd birthday party in the small park (the Abell open space) near our house. Some of the family couldn't come - Melissa's Dad was tied up with work, and her sister got sick - along with my Aunt Connie's roommate, Sharon. And it was a bit blustery for an April day, so there weren't as many kids at the park as usual. So I made too much cake - one special blueberry cake at Ruth's request (actually, blueberry-lemon cake with white chocolate icing... though Ruth was mostly interested in the inexpertly applied blue piped icing I wrote on it with, as the pictures below will attest). Still, it was a pretty fun time. My parents came, Melissa's friend Claudia brought her daughter Lucy, and Ruth's best bud Christian from daycare showed up, along with (a bit later on) some friends from the neighborhood - Jerome, Colette, Kingston, Max, and some others. There were photos on my camera, my phone, and my Dad's phone, so this probably isn't all of them, but it's a start. I'll put up a post with the rest when I dig 'em up.

From 21st Century Digital Kid


From 21st Century Digital Kid


That little dinosaur topper was on a lot of my cakes when I was a kid, and we're hoping to make it a thing to put it on Ruth's cakes as long as she'll let us (I expect that she'll start to hate it around 12 and then think it's totally sweet and ask us what happened to it around 20 or 21).

From 21st Century Digital Kid


Claudia with Lucy.

From 21st Century Digital Kid


My mom found an old kid's tricycle at a Church sale and fixed it up for Ruth for her birthday present. She still hasn't quite mastered the pedals.

From 21st Century Digital Kid


(L to R): My mom, Max, Pam (Max' mom), Lucy, Claudia (Lucy's mom)

From 21st Century Digital Kid


From 21st Century Digital Kid


From 21st Century Digital Kid


From 21st Century Digital Kid


Dude in the blue sweatshirt is my future son-in-law, Christian.

From 21st Century Digital Kid


From 21st Century Digital Kid


From 21st Century Digital Kid


From 21st Century Digital Kid


From 21st Century Digital Kid


The gal in the wagon with Ruth is Colette.

From 21st Century Digital Kid


From 21st Century Digital Kid


From 21st Century Digital Kid


From 21st Century Digital Kid


The woman with the dark hair and sunglasses is Colette and Kingston's mom, Melissa.

From 21st Century Digital Kid


In the pale blue is Roisin.

From 21st Century Digital Kid


The slightly older girl pulling the wagon is Mikaela.

From 21st Century Digital Kid


From 21st Century Digital Kid


From 21st Century Digital Kid


From 21st Century Digital Kid


As always, if you'd like a copy of the Ruth Year Two DVD, including all the photos you've seen here AND MORE in PHOTO PRINT QUALITY, and you're not one of the creepy spammers who has forced me to moderate comments on this blog, just let me know.

No comments: